For in-depth information on a range of neuromuscular disorders, please download one of the “fact sheets” listed below.
The fact sheets have been adapted from material originally prepared by MDA USA with their kind permission. We are grateful to them for providing this valuable and informative material.
The fact sheets can be read using Adobe Reader, available at www.adobe.com.
- also known as Hereditary & Motor Sensory Neuropathy (HMSN)
- and also as Peroneal Muscular Atrophy
Click here to read a practice brief focusing on foot care for people with Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease (CMT)
- What is a genetic disorder?
- How can genetic testing and counselling help?
- How are genetic disorders inherited?
- What are the patterns of inheritance for neuromuscular diseases?
- What is ‘mitochondrial inheritance’?
- Dermatomyositis (DM)
- Polymyositis (PM)
- Inclusion-Body Myositis (IBM)
- Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy
- Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy
- Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy
- Ophthalmoplegic Muscular Dystrophy
- Distal Muscular Dystrophy
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Progressive Muscular Atrophy
- Progressive Bulbar Palsy
- Myasthenia Gravis (MG)
- Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome (LES)
- Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome (CMS)
- Myotonia Congenita (Thomsen’s disease and Becker type)
- Paramyotonia Congenita (Eulenberg’s disease)
- Periodic Paralysis (hyperkalaemic, hypokalaemic, normokalemic)
- Central Core Disease
- Nemaline Myopathy (Rod Body Disease)
- Myotubular Myopathy (Centronuclear Myopathy)
- Type 1 MMD (MMD1)
- Type 2 MMD (MMD2)
- Adult-Onset MMD
- Congenital MMD
- Congenital Muscular Dystrophy (CMD)
- Emery-Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy (EDMD)
- Oculopharyngeal Muscular Dystrophies (OPMD)
- SMN-Related SMA
- Non-SMN SMA
- Spinal-Bulbar Muscular Atrophy