Understanding Neuromuscular Conditions
MDNSW offers training in neuromuscular conditions on an in-house and calendar basis.
Topics covered include:
- Background to neuromuscular conditions
- what are neuromuscular conditions?
- difference between neuromuscular conditions and other conditions
- types of neuromuscular conditions
- Physical experiences for people with neuromuscular conditions
- Psycho-social issues for people with neuromuscular conditions
- Psychological experiences – depends on a range of factors for affected person, partners, children
- Practical problem solving / resilience and 5 Stages of coping
- Practical strategies for dealing with issues – 9 Planning issues
- Best practice communication when working with people with neuromuscular conditions
Training can be tailored to the needs of your staff and your timeframes, and can include:
- Case studies
- Guest speakers – person with a NMC, family member and health professional
- Q and A session
- Handy Tips Sheet
Please contact Carolyn Campbell-McLean, Training Project Coordinator for further information and to discuss your training needs.
Phone: 0408 472 510