Peer of the Year Award recipients recognised
On International Day of People with Disability (3 December) our awesome participants in the Peer Connect program enjoyed a festive social lunch at Dooleys Waterview Club in Silverwater.
After a lot of connecting, a delicious meal and sweet treat, the inaugural Peer of the Year Awards winners were announced: The finalists were:
- Julie Duong
- Andrew Grant
- Abrahim Dárouiche
- Daniel Ferguson
- Young Peer of the Year – Scott Green
- Highest Attendance at Peer Connect events – Ellie Robertson; and
- Peer of the Year – Lisa Brown
|MDNSW Peer Connect Program Coordinator, Carolyn with Awards finalists Andrew Grant and Scott Green.||Members from Peer Connect enjoying the end of year catch up|
|MDNSW Client Services Manager, Joan Martin, with Award finalist Scott Green.||MDNSW Client Services Manager, Joan Martin, with Award finalist Andrew Grant.|
The Peer of the Year Award is an opportunity to recognise a participant in the Peer Connect program who has consistently displayed qualities such as:
- Willingness to share their experiences
- Openness to learning from other
- Support and encouragement of their peers
- Listening and empathy and participation in the Peer Connect program.
Congratulations to all those nominated, and to Sharon Lamb for winning the nominators lucky draw prize!