Junior Administration Assistant
Contract until 30 June 2020 with a view to extension
If you value teamwork, collaboration, a great workplace culture and you want to be part of something bigger than yourself, then this is the job for you!
At Muscular Dystrophy NSW (MDNSW) we empower, connect and support people affected by neuromuscular conditions and work to be an effective advocate for the neuromuscular community.
Your new role contributes a vital part to our mission of assisting those affected by neuromuscular conditions to build strength and reach their potential by helping our organisation to deliver sustainable, high quality services.
Muscular Dystrophy NSW is looking for a part time (15 flexible hours per week) Junior Administration Assistant based in our Lidcombe office.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, this entry level position is responsible for providing general administration support to the Client Services Team and the services of Muscular Dystrophy NSW.
All staff of MDNSW have a passion for empowering, connecting and supporting people affected by neuromuscular conditions whilst promoting the organisations values.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Filing and scanning of documents
- Data entry
- Answering and making phone calls
- Maintain spreadsheets
- Maintain accurate records
- Attend team meetings and record minutes if needed
- General office duties as required
- Flexibility to attend evening/weekend events and camps as required
- Assist the Client Services Manager with any other administrative duties as deemed necessary
To be successful in securing this position you will require:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritise, and excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict project-driven timelines
- Experience working with people with disabilities is desirable
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a team
MDNSW recognises the diversity of the Australian community and fosters diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people with disabilities, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQI+ people, and people from all genders.
Please forward your resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria with your application to our Client Services Manager: Joan.Martin@mdnsw.org.au
For enquiries about the position please call Joan Martin on 02 9888 5711.
*The successful candidate will be required to provide or obtain a current national police and working with children check
Read the Position Description here.