Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is about challenging young people to find their purpose, passion and place in the world to become #WORLDREADY.
Open to young people between 14-24, this is your opportunity to achieve amazing things, with the support of MDNSW as a licensed operator.
Participants can choose to do their Bronze, Silver or Gold Award, and each level requires that they complete an activity of their choice in four areas:
As a Participant in the Award you:
- Are equipped and empowered to achieve your personal best
- Learn to take responsibility for your goals and choices
- Become connected to and actively engaged within your immediate community
- Make a real difference to society through your positive contributions and involvement
- Learn to persevere and overcome barriers to success
- Learn important life skills
- Have your interests and other non formal education accredited for tertiary education entry
- Increase your career opportunities.
Our participants continue to inspire us with their amazing
adventures and remarkable achievements
You can participate on a regular basis over a set period of time for each section and take ownership of as much of the planning and decision making as possible.
Achieving an Award recognises individual goal setting and self-improvement through persistence and achievement. The Award can be used as motivation for participation in activities that they would have not otherwise considered.
The Adventurous Journey has seen some of our young people travel to New Zealand, on a cruise, national parks, a train journey to Melbourne and even as far as Denmark. MDNSW works with participants to gain new skills and achieve some fantastic goals.
There are so many benefits, including bonus points for entry into some universities – and it looks fantastic on a CV! Where possible, MDNSW will help with expenses.
Click here to download a map on how to achieve your Award Journey.
If you’d like more information, please email Laura Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 02 8985 9857 for a chat – it could be the first step in an extraordinary journey!
Check out video of past Duke of Ed participants below.