We recognise that all people with disability, including children, young people and adults, have legal and human rights and that those rights should be respected at all times.
Our mission is to empower, connect and support people with neuromuscular conditions and be an effective advocate for the neuromuscular community.
We can support you by sharing your concerns or issues with our network of systemic advocacy organisations, who have the influence and the resources to make a real difference for you and your neuromuscular community.
Issues such as:
- Accessible communities
- Aged Care
- Assistive Technology
What are your rights around Advocacy?
You have the right to:
- be treated fairly and with respect
- not be discriminated against by age, ethnicity, abilities, sexuality, gender or sexual preference
- be provided with information on advocacy
- access to an advocate, including an independent advocate, if required
- facilitated advocacy if allegations of violence, abuse, neglect, exploitation or discrimination have been made
Advocacy can also involve Muscular Dystrophy NSW feeding back concerns and issues to government and other policy making bodies to help shape future services, such as the Physical Disability Council of NSW.
Call us on 02 9888 5711 or email email@example.com if you have any questions about advocacy or have a particular issue you want addressed. If we can’t help, we’ll be sure to pass your concerns on to those who can and connect you with organisations that specialise in this work.
More information on advocacy
National Disability Advocacy Program
People with Disability Australia – Individual Advocacy
Physical Disability Council of NSW
Disability Advocacy Finder
Multicultural Disability Advocacy Association
Links and resources