OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR SAFETY
As a registered NDIS Provider, MDNSW is committed to providing quality services and programs for all our clients and members.
We do this by having systems and policies in place so that everyone understands their job and how to best support our clients and their families.
Our Systems and policies include:
- Complaints – Our Compliments Suggestions and Complaints policy is available on this website for your reference.
- Incident Management – We have an Incident Management System and staff training so that all MDNSW staff know what to do if an incident occurs.
- Risk Management – We have risk plans in place for the organisation and for each event and program that MDNSW runs that are updated regularly.
- Child Protection – MDNSW are committed to ensuring the safety and well being of children at our Camps and Events.
- Worker Screening – All staff at MDNSW undergo worker screening, this includes Working With Children Checks and National Police Checks.
- NDIS Code of Conduct – All MDNSW staff have read, understood and agree to uphold the NDIS Code of Conduct for Workers
- Staff Training – MDNSW staff receive training appropriate to their roles and responsibilities.
Quality and the NDIS
We participate in an annual audit for the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission to ensure our services and programs are safe and of high quality. We engage external auditors to review our systems and policies to ensure that we are compliant. Every year the auditors will ask for a sample of our clients so they can select a number of clients to interview them about our services and programs.
These systems have been developed and reviewed by staff and the Board of MDNSW, but we would also like your input. As a client or family member of a client, your feedback is very important. Every year at the Neuromuscular Information and Research Day event we will have a few policies on hand for people to take home, read and make suggestions to improve them. If you have questions about any of our policies or would like to see any of them, please contact us.