Medical Imaging and Women’s Health Services Survey Report
Last year, you may have participated in the Medical Imaging and Women’s Health Services Survey from Spinal Cord Injuries Australia. The survey received 112 responses and of 118 specific services described, challenges and barriers were identified in 57% of experiences.
The following challenges and barriers were mentioned, but not limited to:
- Lack of assistive technology or other accessible features on the premises of the medical facility
- Lack of wheelchair manoeuvrability for power wheelchairs
- Lack of disability awareness across staff and health professionals
- Undue burden on people with disability to find alternative solutions when medical imaging or women’s health services of their choice are inaccessible
- Increased wait times or delays obtaining diagnoses or abandonment of health screening altogether
- Emotional impact of poor experiences and treatment by health professionals
The report is now up on SCIA’s website. Read the full report here.