NDIS QUALITY AND SAFEGUARDING RESOURCES
The NDIS Commission can help NDIS participants, and their families and carers, to resolve concerns or complaints about NDIS supports and services. They also regulate NDIS providers, provide national consistency, promote safety and quality services, resolve problems and identify areas for improvement.
The NDIS Commission has many resources to assist participants:
Links to information for participants
- Participant information pack – Easy read version
- Participant information pack – Standard version – about participants’ rights, the role of the NDIS Commission, and quality and safe supports
- Speak up resources – a collection of resources (including videos) developed to empower people with disability to complain about an NDIS support or service
- Handling complaints and fixing problems brochure – an Easy Read brochure about how we handle complaints
- Easy read information – links to all of our Easy Read resources
- ‘In your language’ – resources in 11 community languages
Resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Complaints brochure – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Easy Read version (note non Easy Ready versions are in development)
- Talk up – brochure developed to empower people with disability to complain about an NDIS support or service – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander focus
- Participant Information Pack – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Easy Read
- Participant Information Pack – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander – standard version
- Code of Conduct cards
NDIS Commission publishes a quarterly newsletter SAFEGuard that provides information about what the NDIS Commission and others are doing to make sure the supports and services participants rely on are safe and of good quality. The newsletter is also available in Easy Read, Auslan and 11 community languages. Subscribe directly here. Please share and encourage as many participants, their families, carers and others in the community to sign-up to receive SAFEGuard.
For support workers
Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’ – an interactive online course that explains the obligations of workers under the NDIS Code of Conduct – from the perspective of NDIS participants.
Watch our recorded session with the NDIS Commission
In September 2021 we had the lovely people at the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission to join us for an online Q&A Info Session, to help get people in the neuromuscular community get answers to difficult questions and access some really helpful resources.
Questions such as, “Who do I turn to if something goes wrong with my disability service?” or “How can I feel confident enough to speak up and be heard?”. People with disability have the right to expect to be safe and receive quality NDIS supports, and also feel empowered to complain if they aren’t receiving them.