Update on commencement of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
The Australian Government Department of Health (Department of Health) has issued information about the roll out of phase 1a of the national COVID-19 vaccine roll out. This priority group includes NDIS participants and workers in disability group accommodation settings.
- The Australian Government Department of Health is starting phase 1a of the vaccine roll out to people with disability and workers in residential accommodation from 22 February 2021.
- There is an Australian Government Department of Health dedicated web page for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines.
- Answers to frequently asked questions have been provided, including more information on phase 1b of the vaccine roll out.
The following information has been provided by the Department of Health.
COVID-19 Vaccine roll-out update
People with disability, workers and supporters eligible under Phase 1a of the roll-out include:
- A person with disability living in residential accommodation (in settings with two or more people with disability only).
- A paid worker providing support to people living in residential accommodation with two more people with disability.
The Department of Health has published a dedicated web page for people with disability. This page will be regularly updated as more details are confirmed.
The COVID-19 vaccine is free and voluntary.
Further information can be found at the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission website.