We’re expanding our MDNSW team!
Position: Casual Support Workers (Sydney Metro – Lidcombe)
We’ve recently trialled our new Community Access & Recreation Service (aka CARS) and it was a HUGE Success!
We are now gearing up to roll out this fun/flexible new program and are looking to fill number of casual Support Worker roles to bring the program to life from February 2021.
We are looking for reliable, passionate, flexible and FUN individuals to join our pool of casual Support Workers to support people living with a range of neuromuscular conditions to access a variety of activities of their choice in the community.
What we’re looking for…
The ideal applicant must have/be able to complete:
- Basic administrative tasks – daily progress notes & reporting
- Excellent time management
- Use mobility equipment – e.g. hoist, wheelchair, commode
- Manual lifting (16kg-22KGS)
- Manage the complex needs of participants if needed
- Assistance with personal care tasks may be required in some circumstances
- Willingness to complete all required training and induction
Shifts will usually vary between 8am and 11pm Monday to Sunday. From time to time you may be required to sleep over night at a program to provide support.
- Current first aid certificate
- Current Working With Children Check
- National police check
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence and be prepared to undertake Driver Training for the MDNSW wheelchair accessible van
- Passionate about providing high quality supports to people living with neuromuscular conditions
- Previously attended MDNSW Camp Carer Training and volunteered at MDNSW camp programs
- Studying towards an allied health or health sciences qualification
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Disability
Ready to apply?
If you are keen to join our team, please provide a current resume and a brief cover letter with your application stating your availability and why you are interested in the position. Applications close on Friday 12th February 2021.
Please submit your application to Joan Martin, Client Services Manager at email@example.com.